Event Details - IRF Geneva & Evonik Workshop at Intertraffic 2018
IRF Geneva & Evonik Workshop at Intertraffic 2018
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, from 14:15 to 15:15, 21 March 2018
Workshop 2 : Sustainable and Safe Urban Street Design: Meeting Road Safety Targets
By presenting some successful case studies on safe urban street design from around the world, this workshop will provide concrete suggestions on how to develop context-specific and Safe System-based road safety interventions in an urban environment with a particular focus on road markings. Innovative use of road markings in urban environment greatly contributes to reshaping, redesigning city roads into more sustainable and safe ecosystems. The workshop will also mark the launch the 2018 edition of the Evonik Road Safety Award.
Chair: Susanna Zammataro, Executive Director, IRF Geneva
- Meeting Road Safety Targets: Sustainable and Safe Urban Street Design, Susanna Zammataro, Executive Director, IRF (Geneva)
- The Evonik Road Safety Award, Eva Schneider, Evonik
- Sustainable mobility: A task for all - Experiences from Medellin city (Colombia), Presenter: Juan Felipe Ruiz Z.
- Green campus: Safe and sustainable transport at Istanbul Technical University (Turkey), Presenter: Serkan Akoğlu
- Increased safety for physically challenged people: Experiences from Sochi city (Russia), Presenter: Kadyr Efendiev
The workshop is free of charge but you need to pre-register on Intertraffic website.