Event Details - Course on Traffic Safety in Work Zones
Course on Traffic Safety in Work Zones
Doha, Qatar, 24 September 2019 - 26 September 2019
IRF (Geneva) together with the Qatar Transportation & Traffic Safety Center and Qatar University are pleased to announce the International Course on Safety in Road Works which will be held from 24th to 26th September 2019 in Doha, Qatar.
Motorists constitute more than eighty percent (80%) of the fatalities in work zones. Road Authorities are responsible for the safety of these motorists and they must establish and enforce the criteria that contractors must follow to design a safe work zone.
The Qatar Work Zone Traffic Management Guide is the applicable standard which will be covered in this course. Attendees will learn how to design a safe work zone and they will learn about the newest technologies for work zone safety. The use of positive protection from crash worthy barriers, truck mounted attenuators, dynamic, variable message signs, average speed camera enforcement and flagger training will be among the topics discussed.
Another important part of the Work Zones is the use of vertical signs and road markings, which will also be covered in depth on this course.
- Understand that the road authority is responsible for the safety of its motorists in a work zone
- Comprehend how to design a safe work zone for both motorists and workers
- Understand the current status of work zone safety in Qatar
- Learn how to use the Qatar Work Zone Traffic Management Guide as well as the process to submit a traffic control plan for approval by the authorities
- Learn about global best practices and state of the art technologies and concepts for work zone safety
- Design and characteristics of the vertical signs
- Properties and location of the road markings
This training is applicable for :
|• Road Agency Executives||•Law Enforcement|
|• Highway and Street Engineers||•Research & Academia|
|• Traffic Safety Professionals||•Contractors|
|• Planners||• Road Product Suppliers and Distributors|
|• Design Consultants|
Eur Ing Miguel-Angel Serrano Santos, Senior Road Safety Specialist, United Nations for Project Services (UNOPS)
Limited seats available!Contact the IRF Secretariat to register. Should you wish to support this much needed international training through sponsorship, please get in touch with the IRF Secretariat to discuss the opportunities.