Event Details - East African Roads & Corridors Conference
East African Roads & Corridors Conference
Nairobi, Kenya, 19 June 2017 - 21 June 2017
IRF Geneva is pleased to join hands with IQPC and support the East African Roads & Corridor Conference which will take place in Kenya on 19-21 June 2017.
East Africa is embarking on a series of ambitious road expansion programmes for greater interconnectivity between domestic urban centres as well as their regional neighbouring nations. The region’s transport future has been recognised as an opportunity for investment due to the evident mismatch between the demand for safe and effective road transport links, and the current scarcity of existing roads throughout the region.
Decision makers involved in East Africa’s road and corridor projects will attend the conference including:
* Mr. Irungu Nyakera, Principal Secretary, State Department for Transport, Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development, Kenya
* Gabriel Negatu, Director General, Eastern Africa, African Development Bank
* Eng. Silas Kinoti, Ag. Director General and Secretary to the Board, Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA)
* Dr. Mostafa Abo-Hashema, Advisor, Minister of Transport, Egypt
* Robert MwesigwaNviiri, Executive Director, East African Community
* Whity Maphakela, Director, Road Infrastructure Planning, Department of Transport, South Africa
For more details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org