Event Details - IRF & University of Birmingham – Senior Road Executives Course (SRE)
IRF & University of Birmingham – Senior Road Executives Course (SRE)
Birmingham, UK, 22 June 2015 - 04 July 2015
Dates for Senior Roads Executive Course 2015 Edition:
- Road Sector Reforms and Financing - New!22–24 June 2015
- Road Services Procurement and Integrity - New!25–27 June 2015
- Road Maintenance Management29 June–1 July 2015
- Road Safety2–4 July 2015
About The Programme
For over fifteen years, the Senior Road Executives Programme has provided continuing professional development for those working in the road sector and by so doing, contributed to the dissemination of knowledge and expertise throughout the world. The Programme is designed to advance the global understanding, through an inter-disciplinary approach, of the most pressing issues facing the road sector by providing a unique forum for debate and discussion with experts and fellow delegates, enabling managerial and technical concepts to be easily grasped.
The Programme, run by the University of Birmingham in association with the International Road Federation (IRF), consists of four linked, 3 days, intensive residential courses delivered by experts of international repute. The courses address the main building-blocks which are vital for roads to be sustainable, namely:
- establishing responsibility through regulatory and institutional reform,
- providing adequate, stable and continuous financing,
- introducing appropriate enforcement, educational and traffic engineering measures to improve road safety, and
- applying fundamental asset management principles and appropriate technology for road maintenance.
The SRE Programme provides an opportunity to interact with senior road managers from other countries, staff from donor organisations, members of consulting firms and staff involved in restructuring road management and finance.
Examples presented during the course include good practice from many countries, such as France, Ghana, Latvia, Brazil, Namibia, New Zealand, Romania, South Africa, Sweden, UK, USA, Nepal, and Zambia.
The SRE Programme is a unique occasion for assessing progress and defining future actions to promote better and more sustainable roads throughout the world.
All delegates attending all four modules will be awarded the IRF 's prestigious "Certificate in Sustainable Road Management".
- The World Bank
- UK Department for International Development
- International Road Federation
Enquiries about the Senior Road Executives Programme can be sent to:
SRE Administrator, School of Civil Engineering, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK
tel. +44 (0) 121 414 5137
fax. +44 (0) 121 414 3675