Event Details - Qatar Transport Safety Forum
Qatar Transport Safety Forum
Qatar, Doha, 17 October 2016 - 19 October 2016
IRF Geneva is pleased to join hands with IQPC and support this year the Qatar Transport Safety Forum which will take place in Doha on 17-19 October 2016. The event has the endorsement of the Ministry of Transport and Communications and is staged under the patronage of H.E. MR. JASSIM SAIF AHMED AL SULAITI, Minister of Transport and Communications.
This year saw the launch of the United Nations Development Goals which specify that road deaths need to be halved by 50% by 2020. This has prompted a greater focus on road safety with significant consideration made on evidence-based road safety strategies to achieve this goal. The authorities are currently gearing themselves up for a steep growth in population and are upgrading their transportation network accordingly.
Central to this is the development of a world-class transportation network which will not only improve safety but also facilitate the smoother transport of passengers and goods in the country whilst assisting in the reduction of CO2 emissions. The ITS master plan has been finalised and the process is moving forward into the implementation phase - the integration of all forms of transportation including rail, road, maritime and air will be the most critical step in developing a cohesive and safe transport network in Qatar.
After 4 successful years of connecting leaders in ITS & road safety leaders in the region through the ITS & Road Safety Qatar event, we are now proud to rebrand this premier meeting platform to the Qatar Transport Safety Forum by increasing the scope of the event to encompass all other modes of transportation.
Why should you attend?
- Hear an international speaker faculty talk about global best practices that can be implemented to improve safety in Qatar’s transportation network.
- Identify the latest safety technologies that will be utilised in Qatar as part of their ‘safe system’ and smart approach.
- Meet with the government stakeholders and position your company to win business in Qatar’s fast developing transport safety industry.
- Be recognised as one of the leaders in transport safety by participating at the Transport Safety Awards.
- Understand how the introduction of tram and metro projects will affect safety on Qatar’s road network to identify the new challenges for road safety.
To learn more about opportunities available for this event, please contact Susanna Zammataro
IRF Members benefit from a 20% discount on registration fees