Event Details - Regional Seminar and Course on Road Asset Management for Senior Executives and Decision Makers
Regional Seminar and Course on Road Asset Management for Senior Executives and Decision Makers
Arusha, Tanzania, 24 June 2019 - 28 June 2019
IRF together with the Tanzania Roads Association (TARA), Tanzania Transportation Technology Transfer (TanT2) Centre and TANROADS are pleased to join hands and to present a 2 days Regional Seminar on Road Asset Management for Decision Makers to be held at Arusha International Conference Centre (AICC) in Arusha, Tanzania from 24th – 25th June 2019 followed by a 3 days Course on Road Asset Management for Senior Executives to be held at the same venue from 26th – 28th June 2019. Delegates to attend the Course on Road Asset Management for Senior Executives are also required to attend the Regional Seminar on Road Asset Management for Decision Makers.
Road Asset Management is a strategic approach to managing road transportation infrastructure assets. The Regional Seminar and Course on Road Asset Management is highly desirable at this juncture, especially in developing countries such as countries in Sub-Saharan Africa where budget and other resources are more acute.
Recent research has demonstrated that road agencies need to be proactive rather than reactive in managing the road assets. With a robust planning system in place, both new roads and rehabilitation work can be planned and implemented to ensure maximum value for money for the entire portfolio of assets.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of road asset management systems (RAMS);
- Appreciate why using road asset management is important to a road agency;
- Visualize how the framework and principles of road asset management fit into the business processes of a road agency (or district/municipal council);
- Carry out a self-assessment to benchmark the maturity of asset-management in their agency;
- Develop road-asset-management goals and objectives for their Road Agency;
- Develop a basic understanding of related technical concepts such as long-term planning and performance based planning;
- Acquire understanding of priority planning, budgeting; trade-off analyses between preservation vs. capital expansion; and various strategies across asset types.
- Learn best practices of maintenance and preservation strategies for road assets;
- Understand the role of, and key elements of Performance Measurement, and monitoring & evaluation (M&E);
- Appreciate the basic requirements for implementing and mainstreaming asset management for a Road Authority (or municipal council); and
- Acquire an overview of supporting technologies for road asset management.
Delegates attending the Regional Seminar on Road Asset Management for Decision Makers and completing the Course on Road Asset Management for Senior Executives will receive a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Certificate of Attendance, recognised by the Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania.
An exhibition of products, equipment, technologies, and services relevant to the Seminar will take in parallel. Institutions and firms can also gain additional exposure through the variety of promotional opportunities for sponsors. For any interest in the exhibitions and/or sponsor to this Regional Seminar, complete the form in question and submit by email at latest by 10th June 2019 to the TARA Secretariat at: email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
For further information and registration, please contact the TARA Secretariat or contact our IRF secretariat at: info[at]irfnet.ch