Event Details - gTKP Workshop on Urban Mobility & Environment
gTKP Workshop on Urban Mobility & Environment
Jinan City, Shandong, China, 26 October 2010
Rapidly growing cities in developing countries and emerging economies are facing a significant challenge in providing adequate mobility to their citizens. How to develop transport infrastructure that reflects an adequate balance between the need for roadway expansion and the needs of public transport and non-motorized modes that are still the mainstay of a great majority of people in developing countries?
This workshop will provide a platform for discussion and exchange of experience about coordinating responses to improve mobility of trip makers, pedestrians, cyclists and bus users whilst at the same time addressing the challenge of reducing CO2 emissions.
Amongst the topics to be covered are:
- Green infrastructure planning and construction.
- Measures to overcome congestion and encourage sustainable urban mobility development.
- Non-motorised transport (cycling, walking)
- Public transport development and management
- Multi-modal transport management and institutional arrangements