Event Details - SARF/IRF 2014 -
SARF/IRF 2014 -
Pretoria, South Africa, 02 September 2014 - 04 September 2014
The SARF/IRF Regional Conference for Africa has established itself as the flagship event for road infrastructure. It provides a balanced mix of speakers from both the private and public sectors stimulating challenging debates on the roles and performances of the respective sectors.
In the next five years both National and Provincial governments will be investing heavily in upgrading and building new roads, bridges and traffic management systems providing major opportunities for growth across all sectors.
Whilst the government’s initiatives are focussed largely on road infrastructure, it will have significant ripple effects on other sectors of the transport industry as demand for higher standards and lower costs intensify driving more innovative ways for financing infrastructure development.
BETTER ROADS – Moving Africa - A multi- disciplinary approach to improve capacity and safety for road transport in Africa
Suggested papers may address issues relating to but not limited to:
- Funding for Roads – road financing, maintenance backlogs PPPs - road tolling, social impacts
- Safer Roads and Mobility
- ITS, work zone safety Incident Management Systems
- Environmental Management for Roads - Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Implementation of Road Infrastructure Projects
- Managing Road Freight and Logistics for Development
- Asset Management
- Departments of Transport, Municipalities, Road Agencies/Authorities; planners, administrators and managers
- Civil Engineering Contractors, Consultants and Suppliers
- Road and Bridge Builders and Maintenance Personnel
- Procurement Managers
- Road Building and Road Maintenance Companies
- Traffic Planning and Management Systems
- ITS and Communications Companies
- Road Safety Suppliers and Specialists
- Road Lighting and Signage Companies
Please contact us for sponsoring and exhibition opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website : www.sbs.co.za/sarf-irf2014/