18 December 2018
Chinese Delegation visits IRF in Geneva to discuss the future of mobility
China Highway and Transportation Society (CHTS) led a Delegation to IRF in Geneva to get insights on current developments in the sector and to meet key United Nations officials in charge of transport.
The delegation was composed of:
- Mr Li Zuomin, Director of Road Network Monitoring and Management Center of MOT, China
- Mr. Wang Wei, Director of ITS Department of China Transport Telecommunication & Information Center of MOT, China
- Mr Wang Lin, Director of Information Division of
China Transport Telecommunication & Information Center of MOT, China
- Mr. Lv Quande, Vice President of Henan Road Transport Society
- Ms. Chen Hongmei, President of Jiangsu Jinxiao Co.,Ltd
- Ms Wang Jie, President of Jiangsu Dongjiao Transport Co.,Ltd
- Ms Nina Guan and Ms Ning Ning Wang from China Highway & Transportation Society
The Delegation was welcomed in IRF offices by IRF DG, Susanna Zammataro who gave a comprehensive view of current developments in the sector. Data, intelligent transport systems and road safety where the key topics discussed. IRF is a partner of the World Transport Conference (WTC) organised yearly in Beijing so the meeting was also an opportunity to exchange on the WTC 2019.
The delegation then met with Mr Li, Director of the Sustainable Transport Division at the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE). Mr Li provided and overview of the work of UNECE and in particular current developments on the Transport Convention and on the newly established UN Road Safety Trust Fund of which UNECE hosts the Secretariat.