IRF Road Financing & Economics Committee
The global financing gap for roads remains substantial while the required investment need continue to increase due to an increase in population.
Despite a significant infrastructure shortfall and related economic consequences, sustainable financing for roads is not yet a priority on many governments` agenda.
The IRF aims to make sustainable financing common practice to ensure sustainable mobility.
The IRF aims to make sustainable financing common practice to ensure sustainable mobility by
- Promoting and advocating sustainable financing for roads and maintenance
- Developing knowledge material pertaining to the improvement of road systems and networks
- Exchanging case studies on funding, revenue and operating mechanisms used
- Demystify the investment decision process of alternative financing
- Setting best practices
- Advising and assisting governmental agencies in their road infrastructure policy making (IRF statutes art. 2.6 and 2.7).
Areas of work of the Committee:
- Policy & Regulatory Measures
- Exchange knowledge & Best Practices on Funding, revenue and operating mechanisms used
- Road Maintenance financing
- Rural Road Financing
- Economic Impact Analysis
The Committee seeks to raise awareness through the exchange of case studies on funding, revenue and operating mechanisms used, to demystify the investment decision process of alternative financial sources and set best practices.
For more information on the Road Financing & Economics Committee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair & members
The IRF Road Financing & Economics Committee is chaired by Mr Joseph Haule of the Tanzanian Roads Fund Board. Mr Haule has extensive experience in road funds management, road financing and asset management and has an wide international network of transport and road professionals. Mr Haule is Member of the IRF Board of Directors.
Membership of the committee is open to IRF members exclusively.
The Committee is also present on Linkedin : IRF Road Financing & Economics Committee.
Full meeting documentation, including meeting minutes and presentations, can be downloaded from the IRF Member Section (password required).