IRF Road Safety Group of Experts
Established in direct response to the UN Decade of Action, the IRF Road Safety Group of Experts is a policy development body and technical working group comprised of representatives from IRF's member organizations and associated partners. It brings together more than 200 road specialists from 40 countries.
The mission of the group is to advocate for safe and forgiving road development, maintenance and operation by:
- Raising awareness,
- Providing policy guidance, and
- Exchanging knowledge and best practices in the field of road safety.
Areas of work of the Committee
Under the Group of Experts, members established five working groups to elaborate and develop substantive outcomes and deliverables. These working groups are:
- Engineering Measures for Infrastructure Safety
- Road Safety Education & Training for Sector Professionals
- Public Awareness & Advocacy
- Work Zone Safety
- ITS & Road Safety Enforcement
To subscribe to regular updates from the Group of Experts, or to join the Group, please contact Susanna Zammataro at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full meeting documentation, including meeting minutes and presentations, can be downloaded from the IRF Member Section (password required).